Bubblegum Betty

Friday, May 8, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Valentine's Day is a holiday that we typically don't celebrate a whole for.  Before Seiden, we would just get each other a little something and a card and I would usually cook something or Cody would grill and we would just stay home and avoid all the craziness and long wait lines at restaurants.  Last year, we had an appointment in Ft. Worth with Seiden's geneticist, which she was discharged from.  So, there was no better way to celebrate Valentine's than with that amazing news!  This year, my mom and dad offered to keep Seiden for us if we wanted to go out to eat and maybe see a movie.  So...we decided to take them up on the offer!

That morning, I had a hair appointment.  Which was really nice because my hair looked perfect and fresh and my awesome hair lady styled it and curled it so that I wouldn't have to do a single thing when we went out that night.  After I got home, it was right at lunch and Seiden had just woken up from her morning nap.  So, we each gave her the presents we had gotten her.  Her sweet daddy got her the cutest pink and white chevron chair that reclines...which she LOVES!!!  And, I got her a little bag full of goodies.  She got a pink bear, some Reese's peanut butter cups (her favorite), a heart-shaped box with some chocolate truffles, and a new outfit.  She had so much fun opening up her present and definitely loved the chocolates and looked adorable in her new outfit!  And...Cody surprised me with a very unexpected present.  When I first got home from my hair appointment, I saw a little gift bag sitting on the counter, which he told me to open.  When I opened it, there was a tiny little red bag at the very bottom of the bag.  The little red bag had the words, "Christian Louboutin" on it and it had two extra heel tips in the bag.  WHAT?!?!?  I knew right then he had gotten me a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes.  I was beside myself.  They were hidden in our room, and when I found them and opened the box, I saw the most beautiful pair of pointy-toe, aqua shoes, that fit like a glove.  I love those shoes and I can't believe the lengths he went to to get them for me.  I have the sweetest, most thoughtful husband in the entire world.  He is always thinking about me and doing so many things to show me he loves me.  From the smallest acts of service to the sweetest and most thoughtful gifts...I'm one lucky girl!

We hung out at the house the rest of the afternoon and played with our girl.  We ate some lunch, went on a walk, played outside with the puppies, and just hung out around the house.  Cody and I decided to go out to eat early to beat the crowds.  So, we took Seiden to my parents about 4:45 and then headed over to Taylor County Taphouse to try it out for the first time.  Man...we LOVED it!  We have eaten there a couple more times, even ordered it for take out and for delivery.  Which is so nice to eat food from there from the comfort of your own home!  Anyways...dinner was absolutely wonderful and it was so nice for it to just be us two and only have each other to focus on.  Don't get me wrong...we definitely missed our princess.  But, it was nice to just spend the one-on-one time together, uninterrupted.  After dinner, we went out to our new house to see the progress, then headed over to the mall to catch a movie.  We had such a fun Valentine's Day celebrating as a family and as just us two.  Holidays sure are so much more fun as a little family of three!!!  Happy Heart Day!!!



 




























No comments:

Post a Comment