Bubblegum Betty

Friday, January 23, 2015

How I Started My Last Year in My Twenties

Well...on August 14, 2014...I turned 29 years old.  I am officially in my last year of my twenties!  YIKES!!!  I remember when I used to think 30 was old.  HA!  Not so much anymore!  I actually feel a thousand times better at this stage in my life than I did in college or even high school.  I am so much more healthy and make so many more healthy decisions that have made me just feel better all around.  Don't get me wrong...I'm tired a lot.  Mainly because I get up at 4:00 in the morning so that I can get a really good workout in before I actually start my day.  I just really enjoy working out first thing in the morning.  It sets the tone for my day, gives me energy, a healthy appetite, and helps me to make health conscience decisions all day long.  I've found that when I don't workout in the mornings...I'm so much more tempted to mega splurge on loads of sugar.  That's my super weakness...I love me some dessert!  I still have dessert...I just try and choose the most healthy option.  But mainly...I make dessert at home and only eat that.  I know what I've put in it and it's not a bunch of chemical filled poo that's going to make me feel like just that...poo.

Anyways...I really, truly do feel so much better and just purely enjoy life so much more now than I ever have.  I am so much happier, healthier, and fulfilled than I have ever been.  God has given me beyond what I deserve.  But, I certainly thank Him everyday for blessing me beyond belief.  I have such an amazing daughter, husband, parents, brother, sister-in-law and her entire family, and friends. I still can't believe that God chose me to be Seiden's mommy and just see so much love through her beautiful blue eyes every day.  My love just explodes for her.  I love my job and am so blessed to wake up every morning and enjoy coming to work.  And...it will be even more fun and enjoyable when Seiden starts school...100 years from now!  Didn't I tell you?!?  She's gonna stay little for a long, long time!  I wish :-(  She's growing too fast.  Back to it...I have such an amazing husband that I get to share such special moments with and live life with.  We've had our ups and downs...but I wouldn't want to face a single second of any of it without him.  My parents and brother have brought so much to my life over the years.  I wouldn't be the person I am today without their love, support, strength, encouragement, guidance, and grace.  And...when I got married...I inherited a pretty awesome sister and her sweet family.  Win win!  I have the best friends that I could ever possibly imagine.  They bring so much to my life.  We have laughed, cried, talked, questioned, and just figured so many things out together.  They are my forever besties and I am so thankful that I have such special girls who get me and love me for my flaws.  All in all...I am one blessed girl and I love every tiny moment of this precious, amazing, beautiful life God has given me.

When I got up on my 29th birthday, I took our sweet fur babies for a long run.  Just us in the quiet morning before the sun came up and it was nice and cool.  We ran and it was so nice to just be with them, doing something with them that they truly live for.  When I got home, Cody was getting up and a few minutes later, I went to get Seiden up for the day.  We had breakfast at home, then went across the street for some playtime with my parents before they headed off to work.  Seiden and I came back home and she went down for a cat nap before we headed off to CrossFit.  The WOD for that day...OMG!  It was a crazy squat WOD with front squats, back squats, and overhead squats.  You did each movement for 1 minute and got as many reps as possible in that minute, then rested for three minutes in between.  You did each movement twice.  I used 75 lbs for front squats, 95 lbs for back squats, and 65 lbs for overhead squats.  I can't remember how many total reps I got.  But I remember writing down between 13 and 19 reps depending on the movement.  It was killer!  But oh so good!  Then...after the WOD...we did 29 birthday burpees.  YAY!  My sweet friend Bria had brought mini cupcakes, party hats, and party masks to celebrate too.  Didn't I just say I had the best friends?!?  After CrossFit, Seiden and I headed to grab some coffee from Big Country Coffee and then home for a nap before lunch time.  I got ready for the rest of the day while Seiden napped.  Then, I fed her a bottle (yes...my sweet toddler was still drinking bottles then...tear) and some baby food and we headed to ACU to get my mom for lunch.  When we picked up my mom, we talked about where we wanted to have lunch and decided on the Natural Food Center.  One of my faves!!!  LOVE that place!  We had such a yummy lunch.  And Seiden was a perfect angel...as always!  She gobbled down some avocado and several bits of a grilled cheese sandwich.  The girl loves to eat!  After lunch, Seiden and I headed back home and played and played and played.  And then she napped because of all her playing!  She woke up about 30 minutes before dinner.  And, Cody had just gotten home.  So, we played some more until it was time to head across town to the Beehive for some delicious dinner.  Dinner was delicious.  You can't go wrong with the Beehive...or Perini's for that matter.  After dinner, we headed back home to have some cake and open presents!  My parents and brother got me two outfits from Lululemon.  2 pairs of running shorts, 2 sports bras, and 2 tanks!  LOVE!!!  Cody and Seiden got me a new purse and wallet :-)  I had just gotten back from a trip to Philadelphia and a day trip to New York City the week before my birthday.  When dad and I were in NYC, we were walking down 5th avenue and I snapped a pic outside of Louis Vuitton and sent it to Cody.  He told me he had been racking his brain as to what to get me for my bday and told me I could pick something out.  I thought he was joking...but he wasn't!  So...I picked out a gorgeous bag and matching wallet.  The bag that I got is the Totally MM and the wallet is the Emilie Wallet.  I LOVE them!!!  So sweet of him to let me do that in such a fun, historic place...and on 5th avenue to top it off!  After cake and presents, we watched a movie and just hung out and spent time together.  I had to put Seiden to bed in the middle of the movie...she had a big day and was pooped!  We definitely celebrated big!

I can't believe this is my last year in my twenties.  But...I'd say that I started it off with a bang!  Here's to 29!!!




 






No comments:

Post a Comment