Bubblegum Betty

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Our First Mother's Day!!! (5-11-14)

Mother's Day has always been a special day.  But this year, it took on a whole different meaning.  There is no greater joy that I get than being Seiden's mommy.  I still can't believe God chose her for me...but I'm SO glad that He did!  She is just perfect in every way and will always be the little princess that gave me this oh-so-cherished title.  We spent our day as a family.  My Mimi had come down for the weekend, she and Seiden are 90 years to the day apart!  So, we all went to church together.  Cody, Seiden, me, my parents, brother and his girlfriend, and my Mimi.  After church, we went back home so Seiden could get a little cat nap in and I could pump before we headed out to lunch.  We were too late on making reservations out at Perini's...so we went to Lytle, Land, and Cattle and it was so good!  It had been a long time since I had eaten there, so it was extra special and yummy!  After lunch, the three of us headed home and Seiden gave me the sweet present she got for me for Mother's Day.  I was in total shock when I pulled the tissue paper out of the bag.  I really had no idea what she and Cody would have gotten me...but what I saw inside that bag was a black box with a satin ribbon tied around it that said "David Yurman."  I just looked up at Cody with eyes as wide as saucers and then pulled out this gorgeous necklace. (click on the word "necklace" and it will take you to the picture!)  It is absolutely beautiful and I wear it with pride almost everyday!  So, so sweet of my precious hubby to help Seiden pick out such a beautiful gift that I will have and cherish forever.  We went over to my parent's house after I opened my present so we could give my mom her present.  We all went in together and got her two new beads for her Pandora bracelet.  She loved them and they look so beautiful with all her other pretty beads!  Then, all us girls headed out to the mall to do a little shopping.  We had a fun day together with 4 generations of some pretty awesome girls!  My Mimi headed home after we got back from the mall and then Cody fired up the grill to get dinner started.  I worked inside on all the sides and then mom and dad came over with drinks and dessert.  I couldn't have pictured a better way to spend my very first Mother's Day and I will always have such sweet memories from this day!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment