Bubblegum Betty

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Seiden Grace...You are SIX Months Old!!! (4-19-14)


My princess is officially half a year old!  Oh my goodness...I blinked and she has grown up so much right before my eyes!  This little angel is the MOST fun, loveable, kissable, funny, snuggly, talkative, smart, interactive, and playful baby in the entire world!  Wow...she is seriously just SO much fun!

I honestly can't even get over just how much fun Seiden is.  She is the most adaptable baby...happy anywhere and in any situation.  You can literally put her anywhere, take her anywhere, and do anything with her and she is happy and content to just go with the flow and be wherever you are.  She does like to be with and around people though.  The only time she ever really gets unhappy is if she's awake or wakes up and no one is around.  I'll lay her on her play mat or on our bed to run to the restroom and she starts getting a bit whiny.  Not fussy...just whiny.  I talk to her and she still just is not a fan of feeling like she is alone.  But, as soon as I round the corner and she sees me (or anyone that this is happening to), she turns that frown upside down and starts smiling and talking and forgets she was ever alone for .02 seconds!  I will say...she does really well on her play mat when she's by herself.  She kinda whines for a few seconds...but then when she realizes she's got lots of toys to play with...she forgets it all and starts talking to and playing with her toys and all the fun things hanging down from the play mat!  Plus...it's good for her to have independent play time...and it's good for mommy when she needs to make dinner or get other piddly little chores done!

Little miss also LOVES her jumperoo!!!  She loves the exersaucer too...but the jumperoo is her favorite!  I can put her in that any time and she just goes to town jumping up and down making the music go and all the toys around it clank together.  She plays in it so good and is just so happy.  Whenever she does something that really gets her excited she makes this super cute, high pitch squeal sound and then looks around to see who all was watching her.  She's quite the little ham!  And speaking of her being a little ham...she really is hilarious!  She just does the cutest things...her little personality is really shining and coming out.  She has found her tongue and sticks it out ALL the time!  It is so funny!  She also absolutely loves her puppies!  And...they LOVE her!  They are always giving her sugars and will follow us around when we are holding her and moving about the house.  When we are sitting down holding her, the girls will pile up in the couch next to us and Seiden will rest one hand on their backs and play with their hair.  She loves the way their fur feels!  They are so good with her.  They just let her play with them and are just so gentle when they are any where near her.  It's so precious!  And...like I said...she loves to be around people.  She gives the biggest smiles to Cody and me and gets so excited when she sees us.  She'll kick her legs and move her arms all around and start talking...it's so sweet!  And, when you pick her up...she just roots into your face, shoulder, neck...whatever she find and snuggle up to...she's rooting to get there!  She also gets a big kick out of her Uncle Stick's beard!  The look on her face is so funny when she's looking at him.  She reaches her hands out to him and grabs a hold of it!  And let me tell you...she has got a grip on her!  She also absolutely loves her Opa and Bella!  She goes over to my parents every morning and they take her to day care for us.  My dad is always ready when Cody brings her over at 6:45 and he sits and holds her and plays with all her toys with her and then snuggles her up close to his face when she starts to get sleepy.  He said whenever he snuggles her up close to his face, she rubs her sweet little hands on his face and will usually go to sleep with one hand resting on his cheek.  Sweet angel and precious Opa.  He loves that little girl with every fiber of his being!  When my mom is done getting ready, she plays with her for a second and then mom takes her to day care.  They sing and talk and tell stories on the way...Bella's little buddy!  Mom and I are also together a lot and we take Seiden with us when we go run errands.  So they have such a sweet bond and relationship.  They all just love her so much and it's so fun to watch all 3 of them with her.  Each of them have such a sweet relationship with her and it's precious to watch each of those relationships grow and develop.  And...it's so sweet to see her face light up and the love in her eyes when she sees and interacts with someone that she knows takes care of her and is there for her and just loves so much.

It's been a pretty low key month as far as doctor's appointments go too...which is such a relief!  She did have one double ear infection...that was pretty crummy.  I took her in first because I picked her up and she felt so hot.  I immediately took her temperature and it was 99.7...which seemed way to high to me.  I called and took her in right away.  We saw the nurse practitioner and she had an ear infection in her right ear.  That was a Monday.  We were prescribed antibiotics and they didn't set well on her tummy.  Like...she threw-up almost every time we gave them to her.  So, she probably didn't get any of the medicine in her system.  The following Sunday, I took her in on an on-call appointment because the cough she had had gotten so bad and sounded like it was in her chest.  Low and behold...it was.  And...she also had a double ear infection at that point.  Her doctor was the doctor on call...thank goodness.  He gave her some different antibiotics and also told me that we had to do breathing treatments.  Sad day for this mommy!  She didn't like these antibiotics any better...but she kept them down!  We did breathing treatments 3 times a day for a week and a half.  Then, cut it back to twice a day for 3 days.  Then, once a day for 3 days.  And then we stopped all together.  It's been almost a month since that all went down and she is showing no sings of being the slightest bit sick!  I haven't even had to suck out her nose with the Nose Frida in 2 weeks!!!  Woo hoo!!!  I hope I'm not jinxing myself...  We go to her 6 month check-up on the 25th...we'll see how much our little love has grown!

Gosh...I am just so in love with this little girl.  She is my precious angel and my sweet little princess.  Every fiber of my being is just enamored with her and I would absolutely do anything for her.  She has blessed our lives in so many ways.  Each and every day she brings more joy to our lives than we could have ever imagined.   I just seriously can't believe that I'm sitting here typing her 6 month blog post.  We are just having so much fun with her...I don't want her to grow up!  I heard the Taylor Swift song, "Never Grow Up," on the radio this morning as I was driving to work.  I bawled.  It's so true and no one can ever tell you that and it mean anything until you have a baby yourself.  Every day with her is such a blessing.  I don't ever want to take one second for granted or rush through it because I know I'll never get it back.  The days are already flying and I don't want to do anything more than I'm already doing to make them go faster.  I'm just so honored that God chose me to be her mommy.  I hope that I honor Him each and every day by loving her, taking care of her, being there for her, supporting her, encouraging her, and bringing her to know Him.  Cody and I are so blessed by her and I know that our families are too.  She is one special little girl and she has already touched the lives of many.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for her future.  Seiden Grace...you are a precious gift.  Mommy and daddy love you so, so much and you bless our lives so much and we are so grateful to call you ours.  Happy 6 Month Birthday Seiden Grace!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment